Education • Scholarship • Understanding
English-Speaking Union Mission:
Celebrate English as a shared language to foster global understanding and good will by providing educational and cultural opportunities for students, educators, and members.
English-Speaking Union Vision:
The ESU, a non-profit, non-political organization:
• Advances global understanding by providing educational opportunities through programs and scholarship for students, educators, and members;
• Promotes communication and open exchange of ideas among the world's speakers of English;
• Enriches communities through active involvement of its branch members in outreach programs;
• Offers financial assistance to students and educators to further academic pursuits in English-related studies, and
• Develops common bonds through a shared interest in the English language and culture to strengthen friendship among members and those they serve.
For more information about ESU's mission & vision please feel free to explore the National ESU website. For information on upcoming local programs, events, student/teacher scholarship applications, National Shakespeare Competition, or how to become a member — please visit the ESU-KY Branch website.
English-Speaking Union Kentucky Branch | Queen's Garden Tea Party
Welcome to an enchanting look at a 'Magical-Moments-In-Time' photo gallery presentation of The English-Speaking Union Kentucky Branch's 2013 Garden Tea party. This year's event was to mark the 60th Anniversary of The Queen's Reign. This annual event benefits the educational programs sponsored by the Kentucky Branch including both student and teacher Scholarships. ESU-KY also sponsors a state-wide Shakespeare Competition for high school students. Annually, the ESU Kentucky Branch sends Kentucky college students and certified school teachers to study in Great Britain. Past scholars have attended Oxford University, Cambridge University, the University of Edinburgh, and Shakespeare’s New Globe. The Kentucky Branch has sent more scholars to Great Britain than any other branch in the nation.The scholarship program is also sponsored by the National English Speaking Union located in New York City.
This years Queen's Tea & Garden Party Gala was held at the exquisite estate of gracious host and hostess, Bill and Ruth Sandbach. Through the magic of technology and photography, please feel free to take a virtual tour of the event below. The English-Speaking Union Kentucky Branch is extremely grateful to Bill and Ruth Sandbach for their generosity in sharing their exquisite home with all of us and for their support of the English-Speaking Union. Feel free to take a tour of the amazing home the ESU-KY 2013 Queen's Garden Tea Party was held at here: http://www.inspireintent.com/Louisville-Castle